Saturday 15 March 2008

How the times have changed

There was another bomb threat recently and I was amazed at the reaction of some of the people , it happened during the lunch time and people just played carom and etc without any concern about the bomb threat.Only the people who were near the windows bothered to go somewhere else and other were business as usual.This reminded me of the bomb blasts just a few days ago , although our office was not badly damaged there were few broken glasses here and there.Yet almost everybody came to office and the ones who got late and the ones who didn't come were teased.My first recollection of a serious bomb blast was the LTTE attack on Kollonnawa and I think we got a holiday of around three months at that time.Of course we were school children then but I remember how everyone was shocked and sad.Now nobody even bothers much about a bomb.How the times have changed .............

No comments:

Post a Comment