Wednesday 21 October 2009

Getting a passport in Sri Lanka-its easier than you think

I got a sudden opportunity to go to Sweden and I had to get the passport in a hurry. With all the horror stories about inefficient government service I went to the Department of Immigration and emigration with a bit of worry about the time I will waste. Instead I found the system at the passport office to be very efficient. First of all there are direction signs all over the place to guide you where you want to go. There are people at most entrances to guide you to the specific counter and there is a ticket system to efficiently manage the issuing of passports.My form is looked at in about 1o minutes everything was approved and I was told to come around 4.00 PM. I went back there around 4.10 PM and it was ready. All in all I must have spend around 20 minutes inside the office to get the passport which is pretty efficient for me. If you have your documents in order getting a passport is very easy and definitely very efficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment